RE: Java Sourcecode Browsing

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2004
      Hello,

      --- jonah <jonahgoldstein@...> wrote:

      > > You can try using the taglist plugin which
      > > provides some of
      > > the above features. You can download this
      > > plugin from:
      >
      > Yegappan,
      >
      > Thanks. I actually did download and install this.
      > However, I opened up a bunch of Java files and did
      > :Tlist and only one class showed up in the left-hand
      > window, even though there are many classes defined in
      > the files.
      >
      > Did I do something wrong?

      The taglist plugin lists the tags defined in a file only
      when the file is loaded and opened in Vim window/buffer.

      Starting Vim with 'vim *.java" will only list the tags for the
      first Java source file. As you open the additional files in the
      argument list using the ":next" command, the tags defined in those
      files will be displayed.

      The taglist plugin needs the filetype detected by Vim. As the
      filetype cannot be determined without opening the file in a
      Vim window/buffer, you need to load the file in a Vim buffer
      to use the taglist plugin with that file.

      In the next version of the taglist plugin, I will modify it
      to list the tags defined in all the files in the buffer list
      (when the taglist window is opened). Of course, this assumes
      that the filetype for all the files in the buffer list is
      already determined.

      - Yegappan