Help: Question about taglist and vim tabs

  • Joseph Hong
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2014
      Hello,

      I just started using taglist today, and while I was configuring things to my liking (I use terminal vim version 7.4),I noticed that the tag list window doesn't open (even if I have Tlist_auto_open to 1) automatically when I open new tabs.

      Example:

      $ vim Prep_View.pm

      (vim opens, I see the taglist window open on the right as I configured)

      :tabedit Prep_App.pm

      (new tab opens with Prep_App.pm, but thetaglist window doesn't open automatically in this new tab, I have to toggle it on)

      Is there a way currently to make taglist open automatically when you open a new tab?

      Also, I use:q to close files. I've noticed that when taglist window is open, unless I toggle the window off before I close vim using :q, taglist window won't be closed alongside the file when I use :q. (I have to use :qall or do :q twice)

      Is there a way to have it set so that taglist closes alongside the tab/filethat it is connectedwith automatically once :q is issued?

      Thanks