483Re: [taglist] ANN: New version (4.6) of the taglist plugin

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Mar 5, 2013
      Hi,

      > I can't figure out where does TagList store it's tag file. Can someone point me in the
      > right direction?

      The taglist plugin doesn't use a tags file. It invokes ctags to generate the tags information
      for a file and stores the output in a Vim variable. After parsing the output, the variable
      contents are discarded.

      - Yegappan

      >On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappan@...> wrote:
      >

      >>Hi all,
      >>
      >>A new version (4.6) of the taglist plugin is available now (after a gap of 5 years).
      >>You can download this version from:
      >>
      >>http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=273
      >>
      >>The taglist plugin is a source code browser plugin for Vim. For more
      >>information about this plugin, visit
      >>
      >>http://vim-taglist.sourceforge.net/
      >>
      >>This is a bug fix release. I would like to thank the taglist users for reporting the
      >>problems and contributing the patches.
      >>
      >>The following changes are made in this release:
      >>
      >>1. Fixed a bug in refreshing the folds in the taglist window when
      >>    switching between Vim tabs with Tlist_Show_One_File enabled.
      >>2. Update the TlistShowTag command output to display the tag scope.
      >>3. Preserve the alternate file when opening the taglist window.
      >>4. Restore the 'cpo' option value properly when the loading of the plugin
      >>    is stopped.
      >>5. When the plugin is recursively sourced, don't change the 'cpo'
      >>    setting to the default value.
      >>6. If a filetype contains multiple file types separated by a dot, then use the
      >>    first file type.
      >>7. When displaying tag prototypes, trim the output to fit the window width.
      >>8. Add support for some more languages.
      >>9. Disable the 'relativenumber' option for the taglist window.
      >>10. On MS-Windows, use writefile() to generate the temporary batch file instead
      >>      of the redir command. This fixes a problem in using the generated batch
      >>      file in multi-byte encoding environments.
      >>
      >>- Yegappan

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic