Re: use same database in different pages

  • niz75018
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
      thank you but i want my db persist, even if y close browser/application.
      maybe i will use sqlite if i don't find a solution but i really like the simplicity of taffydb...

      --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, David Kantowitz <dkantowitz@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I haven't used phonegap, but a common javascript browser trick is to assign
      > your data to the variable "top.name". This variable keeps it's value
      > across html pages as long as you stay in the same browser tab.
      > Regards,
      > David K.

    • Ian Toltz
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2012
        If storing the database is important for you, then this might not be the right solution.

        That said, the database is just a JavaScript object, and you could use Local Storage to store it. If it's small enough, you could also serialize it to JSON and store it in a cookie.

        --
        -Ian Toltz