Taffy locking up browser

  • Karl Coleman
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28, 2012
      Here's the query I'm doing, with the details removed. Pretty basic. The
      db has 1060 records, nothing crazy large IMO.

      records = db().join(teams, function(l,r){}).join(players,
      function(l,r){)).order()limit().select()

      I'm doing a loop and each iteration performing the above query with a
      different criterion. Usually on the 5th iteration it freezes. Sometimes
      on the 4th, but it never makes it through the 5th.

      Each iteration I process the returned records, creating a data structure
      to be used by jquery templates.

      I can't figure out what's going on. Is there some data/memory management
      I should be doing with the db before each iteration? There're no errors
      in the JS console. It's just frozen. And the criteria doesn't matter.
      It's always the 4th or 5th, usually the 5th, iteration that it gets
      frozen on.

      Thanks,
      Karl
    • Karl
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2012
        Still trying to figure out my last problem. Throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks at this point.

        What's the difference between

        db({col4:value}).order("col2");

        and

        db().filter({col4:value}).order("col2");

        Thanks,
        Karl

        --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, Karl Coleman <karlcoleman@...> wrote:

        > Here's the query I'm doing, with the details removed. Pretty basic. The
        > db has 1060 records, nothing crazy large IMO.
        >
        > records = db().join(teams, function(l,r){}).join(players,
        > function(l,r){)).order()limit().select()
        >
        > I'm doing a loop and each iteration performing the above query with a
        > different criterion. Usually on the 5th iteration it freezes. Sometimes
        > on the 4th, but it never makes it through the 5th.
        >
        > Each iteration I process the returned records, creating a data structure
        > to be used by jquery templates.
        >
        > I can't figure out what's going on. Is there some data/memory management
        > I should be doing with the db before each iteration? There're no errors
        > in the JS console. It's just frozen. And the criteria doesn't matter.
        > It's always the 4th or 5th, usually the 5th, iteration that it gets
        > frozen on.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Karl

      • Rory Barrett
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 21, 2012
          Hello Colleagues

          I have been playing around with Taffy and am impressed. How does Taffy read from a csv table with say 50 records ?

          Rory Barrett