Re: wiki documentation?

  • taffydb-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2012
      Hey Jason,

      Thank you! And I'm glad you find it useful.

      That is exactly the type of use case TaffyDB was designed for. Let us know how it goes. I find that working client side is so much more fun, leads to much more interesting results, and is a lot easier than trying to do the bulk of the work server side.

      As for a Wiki, there is a wiki on GitHub which would be great to flush out and I can link to from taffydb.com. Would you be willing to take the initiative and mock up a map of the documentation that could/should be put together?

      https://github.com/typicaljoe/taffydb/wiki

      Also, if anyone is intersted in putting in a few hours, I'd like to add a "welcome.html" file to the TaffyDB collection that works as both a hello world and a unit/feature test of the library. That way both the testing and the library will go into the main source control.

      Ian

      --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, Jason Wright <jasonwright365@...> wrote:

      > Ian Smith-
      > First, I want to say, well Done! I've been looking for a cross-browser
      > javascript DB for a while and of the options available, yours seems to be
      > the most mature and actively developed! I'm glad I found something useful!
      >
      > Do you plan to setup a wiki for documentation/getting started? While I
      > think the documentation is great!, it might be useful to put a wiki
      > documentation up, so that others can add information and examples. If other
      > people who want to document for you, it might save you time in the long run.
      >
      > Thanks so much for your work! I will be using your library to develop an
      > application to create the ultimate personal finance planning application!
      > Your database will help me to manage credit and debit templates, create
      > graphs and update information efficiently! My plan is to cut out back-end
      > development of this application! Having a cross-browser javascript database
      > that effectively handles my small dataset is awesome!!
      >
      > -Jason

    • Jason Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2012
        I will definitely post when I have a working project. I'm just starting using TaffyDB, so it might be a while. My main reason for wanting to use TaffyDB is simplicity-- small datasets which need relational querying but are only used by individual users shouldn't need to have a back-end database.

        As far as pages on a wiki, most of the current pages could be put on a wiki with titles like:
        Getting Started
        Tutorials
        Documentation

        (or however you want to name them)

        Once I've figured out my way around TaffyDB (and have a good head-start on my own project) I'd love to help write some of it. Thanks again for the great javascript library!

        -Jason