Re: [taffydb] Re: 2.5 Update

  • Michael Mikowski
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2012
      I am happy you like the suggestion :-)

      I would again suggest using exact match as default behavior (I know, surprise!) 2 reasons:

      1. type coercion is a big source of subtle javascript errors. Making the default behavior best practice seems like the right thing to do.

      2. And my hunch is exact match may be significantly faster over large data sets (although I have not tested, yet).

      Let me know if you would like some help ... I could do a mockup tomorrow.

      Cheers, Mike

      Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

      taffydb-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      It is a really clever idea that is for sure. I like it assuming that '===' and '!=' are valid keys on an object. I'll look into it.

      It still leads to a question though, what should the default {column:value} search do? I'm inclined to make it greedy, especially if we are giving you better ways to be more particular about how you match.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2012
        My understanding is that == is actually faster than === over large data sets although I haven't verified.

        I like the suggests and will implement them for now. I still think the default {column:value} is something that can and perhaps should be a little smarter than exact match. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.