orderBy with nulls

  • berg.matt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2008
      I have a column in my TAFFY DB that has a bunch of string date values
      such as "2008-07-01", "2008-08-01", etc. Using the orderBy, those
      values sort fine. The problem I see is that I also have null values
      in that column, which don't seem to do any kind of sort. Preferably I
      would like these sort at the top for "asc" and bottom for "desc".
      Think this is possible?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2008
        Hey Matt,

        Good catch. I'm working on the next version right now and I'll take a
        look at rolling in a fix for nulls.

        Ian

        --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "berg.matt" <berg.matt@...> wrote:

        > I have a column in my TAFFY DB that has a bunch of string date values
        > such as "2008-07-01", "2008-08-01", etc. Using the orderBy, those
        > values sort fine. The problem I see is that I also have null values
        > in that column, which don't seem to do any kind of sort. Preferably I
        > would like these sort at the top for "asc" and bottom for "desc".
        > Think this is possible?

      • berg.matt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2008
          Awesome. Thanks Ian.