is TaffyDb localStorage backed?

  • capitaine_minuit
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2010
      Can TaffyDb use HTML5 localStorage?

      Btw, TaffyDb is a great tool, Thanks!
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2010
        It doesn't have a built in method but it would be very easy to do. Let's say you had a TaffyDB collection called "messages". You could save it to local storage like so:

        localStorage.setItem('messages', messages.get());

        You could then get it from localStorage and turn it back into a taffy collection like so:

        messages = TAFFY(localStorage.getItem('messages'));

        I haven't tested the code. You could also use the onUpdate,onRemove,onInsert events to sync to local storage for a given collection. For a large collection (1000+ rows) this would have a performance hit but for a small collection you could probably do it all the time safely.