Re: For instance

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 10, 2009
      Tried this, including correcting unmatched brackets from your example; but it didn't work.
      I'd really like to see a working example.

      var init2 = function () {
      fruit2 = gridPrinter2({ containerID: "displayGridDiv2" },
      TAFFY( fruits.get({ sugar:{greaterthan:12}})) );
      fruit2.print();
      };

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 11, 2009
        Ahh, sorry. I forget that fruits isn't a TAFFY collection at this point. Try this:

        var init = function () {
        var fruits = TAFFY(TAFFY(fruits).get({sugar:{greaterthan:12}}));
        fruit = gridPrinter2({ containerID: "displayGridDiv2" },
        fruits);
        fruit.print();
        };

        --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce" <bfr@...> wrote:

        > Tried this, including correcting unmatched brackets from your example; but it didn't work.
        > I'd really like to see a working example.
        >
        > var init2 = function () {
        > fruit2 = gridPrinter2({ containerID: "displayGridDiv2" },
        > TAFFY( fruits.get({ sugar:{greaterthan:12}})) );
        > fruit2.print();
        > };
        >
        > --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "tacoman_cool" <ian@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey Bruce,
        > >
        > > So I think this is where you need to do. Mind you it has been a while since I wrote the grid example.
        > >
        > > The gridPrinter expected the element ID you want to insert the grid into and the collection to build the grid from. It isn't built to expect a query, but that isn't a big deal.
        > >
        > > In theory you can do this (can't test at the moment):
        > >
        > > var init2 = function () {
        > > fruit2 = gridPrinter2({ containerID: "displayGridDiv2" },
        > > TAFFY(fruits.get({ sugar:{greaterthan:12})));
        > > fruit2.print();
        > > };
        > >
        > > Since .find() only returns an array of numbers you were passing in an array instead of a TAFFY object. By using .get() you can wrap up the collection as a new TAFFY object.
        > >
        > > You could also modify gridPrinter to accept a TAFFY lookup object as an argument and pass it on to the TAFFY collection. That would let you wrtie something like:
        > >
        > > fruit2.print({sugar:{greaterthan:12});
        > >
        > > Ian
        > >
        > > --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce" <bfr@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Tried this, didn't work
        > > >
        > > > var init2 = function () {
        > > > newFruit = TAFFY(fruits);
        > > > fruit2 = gridPrinter2({ containerID: "displayGridDiv2" },
        > > > newFruit.find( sugar:{greaterthan:12}); );
        > > > fruit2.print();
        > > > };

      • Bruce
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 11, 2009
          OK, I was able to get that to work, thanks.