Re: Mulitple collections?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2008
      You may need to give us a little more detail, but in short you can
      have more than one collection and they can work together. You need to
      code it out in your app though as there is no automatic relationships.

      For example you could have one:

      var chapters = TAFFY([
      {chapter:1,id:"XXC1",title:"Chapter 1 - the foolish hen"},
      {chapter:2,id:"XXC2",title:"Chapter 2 - the fun loving duck"}
      ])

      And then you could have another:

      var pages = TAFFY([
      {page:1,id:"page1",chapter:"XXC1",content:"some content"},
      {page:1,id:"page2",chapter:"XXC1",content:"some more content"}
      ])

      And then you could look up pages for a chapter (in this case chapter
      1) with a query something like this:

      var thischapter = pages.get({chapter:chapters.first({chapter:1}).id});

      --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "himebriny" <himebriny@...> wrote:

      > Can you have multiple collections work together? Like have a
      > collection be a work as a table?
      > I'm trying to set up a comic cms with one collection for chapters, one
      > for pages, one for genres, and one for ratings and I wanted to know if
      > the collections could work together and if they could how would that
      work?

    • himebriny
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2008
        thak you for answering. I'm having trouble with javascript because I
        mostly program with php and that was a challenge for a 17 year old
        with problems paying attention.

        Okay here is all the details of what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to
        post all the doujinshi (original and fan) that my friends and I have made.
        The Main Site
        * give a searchable directory of all the doujinshi made by all of the
        doujinshi circle OL (Original Language)
        + search doujinshi by artist, author, series, couple (hetero- boy X
        girl, yaoi- boy X boy, yuri- girl X girl), characters (with info on
        whether that couple is hetero, yaoi, or yuri)

        The Subsite
        * give a searchable directory of all the doujinshi made by a specific
        member of the circle
        + search doujinshi by author, series, couple, characters with artist
        predefined

        The Comic Site
        * display doujinshi that shows the cover, copyright, reading
        directions, story by, art by pages before showing the actual comic
        with an area that allows the user to select the volume, chapter, page,
        and have last next previous first buttons. after the comic is finished
        show a note from the author, author credits, author thank yous, a note
        from the artist, artist credits, artist thank yous, and back cover.
        while displaying the comic show the author/artist/user comments
        associated with that page. plus allow avatars and smilies in comments-
        authors and artists have their own custom avatars/smilies while users
        are able to use avatars/smilies of that series.
        + search doujinshi by volume, chapter, page, author/artist/user comment

        There are no user accounts all user comments are anonymous.
        There is no updating of the comics since they are already finished and
        they ones we're working on are only posted when we are finished.

        Here are the collections I need to work together
        I have already created them I just need to know how to make them work
        together like I want them to

        authors (name, website link, date of first doujinshi)
        artists (name, website link, date of first doujinshi)
        series (name)
        couples (name)
        characters (name, series they're from, couple type)
        doujinshi (series {an array if it's multiple}, couple {an array if
        it's multiple}, characters {an array if it's multiple}, title, image
        thumbnail, description, warnings, author {an array if it's multiple},
        artist {an array if it's multiple})
        cover (cover image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        reading direction (reading direction image file location, doujinshi,
        vol #)
        story by (story by image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        art by (art by image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        volumes (doujinshi, vol #, volume title)
        chapters (doujinshi, vol #, chapter #, chapter title)
        pages (doujinshi, vol #, chapter #, page #, page file location)
        back cover (back cover image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        a note from the author (a note from the author image file location,
        doujinshi, vol #)
        author credits (author credits image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        author thank yous (author thankyous image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        a note from the artist (a note from the artist image file location,
        doujinshi, vol #)
        artist credits (artist credits image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        artist thank yous (artist thankyous image file location, doujinshi, vol #)
        author comments (doujinshi, vol #, chapter #, page #, author name,
        title, comment, avatar, smilie)
        artist comments (doujinshi, vol #, chapter #, page #, author name,
        title, comment, avatar, smilie)
        user comments (doujinshi, vol #, chapter #, page #, author name,
        title, comment, avatar, smilie)
        avatars (series name or author/artist name, image file location)
        smilies (series name or author/artist name, image file location)

        Thank you. Thank you. For any and I do mean any help/suggestions I get.