Re: Sort testing - can't duplicate bug

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
      Yes, the fact that the grid tutorial cannot perform multi-column
      sorting is the problem we are talking about.

      I described that I had tried to extend the toggle-sort feature to
      multiple columns and you said you had replicated the problem.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
        Ahh, I got you. I thought you had a problem within TaffyDB itself.
        That is what I was trying to duplicate as I had a similar problem to
        what I understood you're problem was.

        Do you have you're extended gridPrinter function? I'll take a look and
        see if there is anything obvious. The tutorial is just that though and
        I realize that there are hurdles to cross to make it a full "widget"
        which is why it isn't part of the TaffyDB library.
      • Bruce
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 23, 2008
          Just make any other column sortable; and have it actually work.

          For example change this:

          { name: "food", display: "Fruit", sortable: true}, "water", "fiber",
          "fat", "protein", "sugar",

          to this:

          { name: "food", display: "Fruit", sortable: true}, "water", "fiber",
          "fat", "protein", {name:"sugar",display:"S",sortable:true},,

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2008
            Ok, found the problem. The grid example uses logical sorting to
            simplify the code. That is fine, expect that logical sorting doesn't
            appear to work with numbers correctly. I fixed the problem in my dev
            version and I'll try and get a release with it out this weekend. For
            now you can go to line 196 of taffy.js and change it from:

            var rArray = [0],type = "none";

            to:

            var rArray = [0],type = "none",value = value + "";

            And that should fix the sorting issue with the grid.