2Re: Flexible queries

    Apr 27, 2008
      I think I understand what you are trying to do and you don't need to
      use Eval for it.

      This should work:

      var year = 2006;
      var city = "New York";

      var rsltSet = data.get({year:year, city:city});

      Alternatively you could also create the filter object outside of the
      get call if that makes it easier:

      var qry = {};
      if (year > 0) {
      qry["year"] = year;
      }
      if (city.length > 0)
      {
      qry["city"] = city;
      }

      var rsltSet = data.get(qry);

      Hope that helps.

      Ian

      --- In taffydb@yahoogroups.com, "anodari" <anodari@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Taffy DB is a great piece of software!
      >
      > I'm testing to use it in a CDRom project against a database with about
      > 15k records.
      >
      > There are some simple method I could use optional parameters in a query?
      >
      > Explaining:
      > Suppose I have 2 independent optional parameters to filter: Year and
      > City. I want to filter only those the user has filled.
      >
      > It worked using eval:
      > qry = "rsltSet = data.get({year:'" + year + "', city:'" + city +
      "'})";
      > eval(qry);
      >
      > But that looks ugly.
      >
      > Some suggestions?