Shingletown Airport

  • ratcrawl
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
      I was up by shingletown today, I was wondering if anyone knew what the
      usage policy is for people wanting to take their scopes to the
      airport. Thanx in advance.
    • Gary Hooper
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
        RATCRAWL, I tried to contact you through the "send e-mail" link about
        your previous posting. I don't think it went through, and I would like
        to discuss observing sites with you. As for Shingletown Airport, I
        seem to recall Robert Thompson of our local astronomy club mentioning
        that we could no longer use the airport. If you contact him, I am sure
        he could tell you. Thanks Gary

        --- In tac-shasta@yahoogroups.com, "ratcrawl" <hstarboy@...> wrote:

        > I was up by shingletown today, I was wondering if anyone knew what
        the
        > usage policy is for people wanting to take their scopes to the
        > airport. Thanx in advance.

      • Randy Muller
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
          On 3/2/07, ratcrawl wrote:
          > I was up by shingletown today, I was wondering if anyone knew what the
          > usage policy is for people wanting to take their scopes to the
          > airport. Thanx in advance.

          You might want to contact Jim Ster (notsosirius1 at gmail dot com or
          sterjf at ecs dot csus dot edu) or Shneor Sherman (shneor at dcn dot
          davis dot ca dot us), both of whom live in the Sacramento area, but
          use the airport at least semi-regularly for observing. They would
          know access details.
        • ctmpskatmps
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2007
            You're welcome to use the airport for observing as long as you don't
            block the entrance gate or impeed access to the helicopter landing
            pad, which is located straigh across the runway from the entrance
            gate. The helipad is used for the local life flight air ambulance.

            There is a lock on the gate, but don't let it fool you. It actually
            takes two locks to lock it. You can still pull the locking pin out
            and open the gate.

            Clear Skies,
            Jim Ster