Re: looking for some advice

  • Kathleen Woods
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2008
      Strat- O- Matic is the best game and I own Statis Pro as well as Sports Illustrated and OOTP.

      jkolpack21@... wrote:
      APBA is another possibility that no one has mentioned. Jeff

    • Chris Hartjes
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
        You can't create your own cards for it, but if you like the PtP / DLB
        style of games, you can always go the the Internet Baseball League web
        site and download a copy of our game for free. Cards based on the
        2007 season are almost ready to go.

        http://iblgame.ibl.org

        --
        Chris Hartjes
        Internet Loudmouth
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
          > Strat- O- Matic is the best game and I own Statis Pro as well as
          > Sports Illustrated and OOTP.

          Just to keep the flames down, there is no such thing as the 'best game'.
          <G> It's a matter of opinion and tastes. I have owned and played pretty
          much every major tabletop baseball game and several smaller games as
          well and they all have things in their favor and things against them in
          one form or another. My personal favorite is Big League Manager or BLM.
          Negamco is another fun old game. Replay is also right up there. However,
          I would never insist any of those games are better than any others.

          Enjoy!

          Mike B. in KC
        • Dennis Lord
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
            Great response Mike. What makes a great game for one
            user may be the detail and stats provided or allowed.
            For others, the determining factor may be the speed of
            playing and thus the ability to play many games in a
            relatively short time.
            Some games are very realistic and accurate but take
            forever to play and require so much chart flipping
            that they take the enjoyment to a new low.
            Good luck finding one that meets your needs. I think
            it will require purchasing and trying more than one
            game.
            Dennis

            --- Mike Boling <mboling@...> wrote:

            > Just to keep the flames down, there is no such thing
            > as the 'best game'.
            > <G> It's a matter of opinion and tastes. I have
            > owned and played pretty
            > much every major tabletop baseball game and several
            > smaller games as
            > well and they all have things in their favor and
            > things against them in
            > one form or another. My personal favorite is Big
            > League Manager or BLM.
            > Negamco is another fun old game. Replay is also
            > right up there. However,
            > I would never insist any of those games are better
            > than any others.
            >
            > Enjoy!
            >
            > Mike B. in KC

          • Kathleen Woods
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
              If only we were all as wise and politically correct as Mike.

              http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text5.com