Re: rotating games

  • ryanandfennel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hi, what do you mean by ftf league?

      --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "stephenacarpenter"
      <stephenacarpenter@...> wrote:

      > I have been going through the past year's worth of postings and am
      > fully fascinated by the debate about the best of the simulations.
      >
      > I've enjoyed quite a few, first being all-star with the spinners and
      > the discs, and then the one that really got me going was stratomatic.
      >
      > Then statis pro, which seemed to be able to be played solitaire very
      > quickly and I thought the way it had of showing the dominance of good
      > pitching was interesting. Then PTP which was a beautiful game and the
      > first I'd used to host a live league. Following that one of the league
      > members formed an apba league which I then joined. Certainly I've had
      > a great time with them all, and look forward to trying DLB (been
      > putting off the investment i guess) and ILB.
      >
      > What I'd even suggest that a ftf league that played a rotation of
      > games might be its own brand of fun (and might eliminate the advantage
      > of choosing players based on card anomalies).
      >
      > How cool would that be? Strat superadvanced for one series, DLB for
      > another, IBL for a third, APBA Master, Ballpark, Triple Play, Statis
      > Pro, oh the possibilities are endless! Expense is defrayed by the
      > players chipping in, maybe, though I'd certainly be willing to invest
      > a bit in making something like that happen. Draft would be held
      > independent of card reception, placing a premium on players with
      > enough PT to ensure that they were in every set.
      >
      > Issues like rotation and injuries might have to be reconciled in a set
      > of uber rules.
      >
      > Of course, standard baseball rules apply...
      >
      > Stephen

    • Stephen Carpenter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
        By ftf league I mean face to face, where people convene in one location and play games against one another in person. I've experienced it as both a "baseball night" arrangement where a number of owners get together and play against each other in various combinations, or where each series is arranged and played between two owners and then reported back to the league. The former is much more social, and a whole lot of fun.

        Stephen

        <stephenacarpenter@ ...> wrote:

        > I have been going through the past year's worth of postings and am
        > fully fascinated by the debate about the best of the simulations.
        >
        > I've enjoyed quite a few, first being all-star with the spinners and
        > the discs, and then the one that really got me going was stratomatic.
        >
        > Then statis pro, which seemed to be able to be played solitaire very
        > quickly and I thought the way it had of showing the dominance of good
        > pitching was interesting. Then PTP which was a beautiful game and the
        > first I'd used to host a live league. Following that one of the league
        > members formed an apba league which I then joined. Certainly I've had
        > a great time with them all, and look forward to trying DLB (been
        > putting off the investment i guess) and ILB.
        >
        > What I'd even suggest that a ftf league that played a rotation of
        > games might be its own brand of fun (and might eliminate the advantage
        > of choosing players based on card anomalies).
        >
        > How cool would that be? Strat superadvanced for one series, DLB for
        > another, IBL for a third, APBA Master, Ballpark, Triple Play, Statis
        > Pro, oh the possibilities are endless! Expense is defrayed by the
        > players chipping in, maybe, though I'd certainly be willing to invest
        > a bit in making something like that happen. Draft would be held
        > independent of card reception, placing a premium on players with
        > enough PT to ensure that they were in every set.
        >
        > Issues like rotation and injuries might have to be reconciled in a set
        > of uber rules.
        >
        > Of course, standard baseball rules apply...
        >
        > Stephen

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!