New Baseball Season

  • ryanandfennel
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 12, 2007
      So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
      playing?

      A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
      Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
      gaming sessions.
    • dcpayne125
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 12, 2007
        ASG (1988 season) and Box Seat (1969 season)

        --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, ryanandfennel <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
        > playing?
        >
        > A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
        > Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
        > gaming sessions.

      • todd smith
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 12, 2007
          Replay baseball 1969
          Srat-o 1975
                                todd

          ryanandfennel <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
          playing?

          A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
          Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
          gaming sessions.

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        • Chris Hartjes
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 13, 2007
            On 4/13/07, ryanandfennel <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
            playing?

            A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
            Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
            gaming sessions.

            IBL season starts next Wednesday... ;)

            --
            Chris Hartjes

            My motto for 2007:  "Just build it, damnit!"

            @TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
            @TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard
          • ryanandfennel
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13, 2007
              I should have mentioned I am using the 2006 Statis Pro Cards from

              http://www.geocities.com/tabletopbaseball

              Good deal for $10. Sure beats making them yourself.

              For IBL, we are using the latest card set

              ftp://ftp.ibl.org/ibl/cards/2007

              The IBL cards are free.

              I wish I had time to play IBL on the internet.

              --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "dcpayne125" <dcpayne125@...>

            • bbny3@optonline.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
                I like Statis-Pro also for a quick fun game.

                > So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
                > playing?
                >
                > A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
                > Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
                > gaming sessions.

              • Bill Priester
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
                   This is my first time starting out a new baseball season with Ball Park baseball and I find myself stating at least a couple of times every game that I have viewed that "wow, that play can happen in Ball Park too!".  From runners getting trapped off to multiple players getting thrown out trying to advance on hits, I see a lot of parallels in watching the real life games and in comparing it to Ball Park.

                  Being a veteran baseball table top enthusiasts for over 40 years, the detail and relative complexity of Ball Park really impresses me.

                  Anyone else on this forum play Ball Park, and, if so, do they get that same feeling of seeing a lot of real life baseball occurances also happening when playing Ball Park?

                  Bill

                  bbny3@... wrote:
                  I like Statis-Pro also for a quick fun game.

                  > So with the start of the new baseball season, what games is everyone
                  > playing?
                  >
                  > A friend and I have been playing a little Statis-Pro and IBL. Statis
                  > Pro is good for fun quick games. IBL is great for those serious
                  > gaming sessions.

                  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                • Tim Chase
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
                    I have never played Ball Park. Do they have a
                    website?

                    Thanks,

                    Tim

                    Tim Chase
                    Home Phone (618) 345-4714
                    Email address: trippztrippz@...

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Dayton Payne
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007

                      E-mail: dcpayne125@...

                      I have never played Ball Park. Do they have a
                      website?

                      Thanks,

                      Tim

                      Tim Chase
                      Home Phone (618) 345-4714
                      Email address: trippztrippz@ yahoo.com

                      Do You Yahoo!?
                      http://mail. yahoo.com

                    • todd smith
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 16, 2007
                        Whats IBL base ball game.??
                                                          Todd

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 16, 2007
                          IBL (well, actually it's called TIG for The IBL Game but everyone calls it IBL it seems) is a game similar to Pursue the Pennant and Dynasty League Baseball.  More importantly, it's available as a free download from it's website ( http://iblgame.ibl.org).

                          (disclaimer: I am the commissioner of the IBL and one of the designers of the game)

                          On 4/16/07, todd smith <cheaterfan@...> wrote:

                          Whats IBL base ball game.??
                                                            Todd