Pennant Race game

  • Rick Teverbaugh
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2006
      I just recently stumbled upon this game on Jeff Downey's site. I think
      it might fit perfectly with my time constraints and a desire to still
      do baseball simulations.

      I'd be interested in any experience with this game and if anyone has
      created any teams for it.

      Thanks
      Rick T.
    • tabletopbaseball
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2006
        I scanned the 1983 Rosters for Pennant Race and they reside in the
        "Files" section, under "Pennant Race".

        There is a little info on my website:

        http://www.geocities.com/tabletopbaseball

        It is an interesting macro level management game. You could use it
        with Statis Pro to play a whole season. You pick one team and play
        their 162 games using statis pro. The rest of the games for the other teams could be resolved quickly using Pennant Race.

        --- "Rick Teverbaugh" <rickert46015@...> wrote:

        > I just recently stumbled upon this game on Jeff Downey's site. I think
        > it might fit perfectly with my time constraints and a desire to still
        > do baseball simulations.

        > I'd be interested in any experience with this game and if anyone has
        > created any teams for it.
      • jebster14
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2006
          --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Teverbaugh" <rickert46015@...> wrote:

          > I just recently stumbled upon this game on Jeff Downey's site. I think
          > it might fit perfectly with my time constraints and a desire to still
          > do baseball simulations.
          >
          > I'd be interested in any experience with this game and if anyone has
          > created any teams for it.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Rick T.

          Hi Rick,

          I'm kinda tinkering around with various team rosters of old teams for my Pennant Race
          game. (Got kinda tired watching Baltimore dominate over and over again!)

          Right now I'm playing an 8-team league with a few teams from the strike-shortened 1981
          season (Reds, Dodgers, Expos), the 1980 Astros and Phillies, '94 Pirates, '95 Indians and
          (agh! Mind went blank).... I think the last team is the '95 Braves.

          I like Pennant Race because it is a quick game. Two dice rolls and a handy calculator and
          you could roll through a mini season in a couple hours!

          Have fun,

          John
        • Wallace of Clay
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31, 2006
            I haven't played Pennant race in many years, but we used it a few
            times in comjunction with Statis Pro Baseball, with rosters from the
            same seasons. We would have our statis Pro league and then use the
            pennant race game to get results of the rest of the league, meaning
            the teams that we did not manage ourselves. Say we had 6 of us in the
            league. We each had 1 statis pro franchise from AL & NL that we
            managed. The rest of the league games would be resolved using Pennant
            race and we would play statis pro for the games involving our teams.
            Helped us get through a full season fairly quickly.
          • presterjohn72000
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2006
              I've never played Pennant Race---Is it possible to get individual
              player stats for the teams you're not playing?
            • tabletopbaseball
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2006
                No, you do not get individual player statistics from Pennant Race.

                --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, presterjohn72000
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > I've never played Pennant Race---Is it possible to get individual
                > player stats for the teams you're not playing?
              • Steve Booth
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 9, 2006
                  We used to do this too, Pennant Race was a great little thing to have

                  --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "Wallace of Clay"