Original Sixteen League is looking for Managers

  • David Walker
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
      The Original Sixteen League (OSL) is an APBA Baseball league using BBW 5.0
      or above with AIM.

      OSL is a keeper league that uses a unique two-tier structure. The sixteen
      original franchises play a 154-game schedule in the eight-team NL and AL.
      Each has a minor league affiliate, playing a 128-game schedule in either the
      eight-team IL or PCL.

      Members of the league can handle a major league team, its minor league
      affiliate, or both. There are twenty-two managers in the league at this
      time, handling the thirty-two teams.

      To make sure we have enough playing time for thirty-two teams, we use Minor
      League Equivalency (MLE) stats to increase the playing time of carded but
      low-use major leaguers on the data disk.

      Each season, each of the sixteen teams get first chance at its real-life
      counterpart's previously uncarded players. Rookies from the "other" fourteen
      teams and free agents from all teams are drafted onto the major or minor
      league rosters at the start of each season. We do not use a salary system.

      We started the league using the 1998 season late in calendar 1999. As of
      November 2003, we have completed 2001, our fourth season. We are on track to
      start 2002 very soon, as we work to "catch up" with real life!

      We are currently looking for managers to run one or two minor-league
      affiliates. Minor-league owners get first choice when there are opening at
      the MLB level.

      For further information, contact us at
      mailto:original16-owner@yahoogroups.com.

      Dave Walker
      OSL Commish

      Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at
      MSN Shopping. And check out the beauty products! http://shopping.msn.com
    • David A. Walker
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
[...]

        We started the league using the 1998 season late in calendar 1999. Late last year, we completed 2001, our fourth season. We are on track to start 2002 in February, as we work to "catch up" with real life!

        We are currently looking for managers to run one or two minor-league affiliates.  Minor-league owners get first choice when there are openings at the MLB level.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2004
          May 8, 2004

          The Original Sixteen League (OSL) is an APBA Baseball league using BBW 5.0 or above with AIM.

          OSL is a keeper league that uses a unique two-tier structure. The sixteen original franchises play a 154-game schedule in the eight-team NL and AL. Each has a minor league affiliate, playing a 128-game schedule in either the eight-team IL or PCL.

          With only sixteen teams, most of the MLB teams are full of stars and solid players.  The AAA teams allow lesser players to out perform their real-life statistics.

          Members of the league can handle a major league team, its minor league affiliate, or both. There are twenty-four managers in the league at this time, handling the thirty-two teams.

          To make sure we have enough playing time for thirty-two teams, we use Minor League Equivalency (MLE) stats to increase the playing time of carded but low-use major leaguers on the data disk.

          Each season, each of the sixteen teams get first chance at its real-life counterpart's previously uncarded players. Rookies from the "other" fourteen teams and free agents from all teams are drafted onto the major or minor league rosters at the start of each season. We do not use a salary system.

          We started the league using the 1998 season late in calendar 1999. As of May 2004, we are more than one-third through 2002, our fifth season, as we work to "catch up" with real life!

          We are currently looking for a manager to run one minor-league affiliate, and for others to join our waiting list.  Minor-league owners get first choice when there are openings at the MLB level.