Looking for ideas to split leagues into divisions

  • David Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2003
      Replayers and League Players/Commissioners -

      For our first four seasons, the American and National Leagues in the
      Original Sixteen League (OSL) have been eight teams each with no divisions.
      Our playoffs have pitted each league's #2 vs. #3 against each other, with
      the winner playing the #1 for the right to go to the OSL World Series.

      We are considering splitting each league into two four team divisions for
      our next season and doing away with any wild cards. I would be interested
      in hearing ideas about how to split the teams.

      Clearly, the most obvious splitting criterion is geography, like they (sort
      of) do in real life. (By the way, all of our teams have real-life current
      or historic locations, like Baltimore Orioles or Brooklyn Dodgers.)

      Does anyone out there use any OTHER method to separate leagues into
      divisions? Does anyone have SHIFTING divisions, where results of one year
      somehow affects the makeup of the divisions the next year?

      What other ideas are out there?

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

      Dave Walker
      OSL Commish
      Original16@yahoogroups.com

      Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
      its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
      http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es