Re: Create your own 2011 StatisPro cards!

  • Mike Young
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 8 12:37 AM
      Rob - regarding singles, I liked to look at the players Speed rating to determine how many infield singles thet got. An A rating would get three (or fewer depending on the number of singles), a B rating would get two and a C rating one. I would argue that a D or E rating would not have the speed to get an infield single.

      Just my two cents worth.

      Mike

      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 8 9:40 AM
        All my hits are also distributed by speed and approximated ball locations. Jim Thome is NOT going to have multiple infield singles on my cards.

        --- In mailto:tabletopbaseball%40yahoogroups.com, "emcline" <emcline@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > But that's the great thing about making your own cards -- you can create them to your standard, not anyone else's.
        >
        > Good luck.
        >
        > Eric
        >

        > --- In mailto:tabletopbaseball%40yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rm_hutchings@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi...
        > >
        > > I downloaded your files and I have a question...how do you distribute 1B and 2B on hitter cards? If a hitter gets 7 1B, how many go to 1B7, 1B8 and 1B9...same question for 2B. Or is this just a "whatever you think is appropriate" kind of thing?

      • emcline
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 8 9:35 PM
          Not a bad idea, either.

          You can even combine many things -- use the player's speed ratings, check spray charts, etc. Use as much helpful information as you like to get the cards you want.

          Eric

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 22 5:46 PM
            Solid point. And a solid point that's right on point.

            Please do them any way you see fit. I really only do mine the way I do to get them out.

            --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, Brian Yonushonis <yonushonis@...> wrote:

            > All my hits are also distributed by speed and approximated ball locations. Jim Thome is NOT going to have multiple infield singles on my cards.
            >
            > ________________________________

          • Patrick LaCourse
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 23 8:11 AM
              Infield hit does not always mean a Willie Wilson leg hit and guys like Thome are
              not going to have overpopulated singles columns.

              --- In mailto:tabletopbaseball%40yahoogroups.com, Brian Yonushonis <yonushonis@...> wrote:

              > All my hits are also distributed by speed and approximated ball locations. Jim Thome is NOT going to have multiple infield singles on my cards.
              >
              > ________________________________

            • David Steep
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 23 8:22 AM
                Everywhere I look I can seem to find every year but 2010. on the tabletop website the downloads stop at 2009 and you're subject line addresses 2011 cards. But I cant seem to find the 2010 anywhere. I suppose I could learn how to make them but it just seems curious that 2010 seems to be only year I cant find !!

                Dave

                Solid point. And a solid point that's right on point.

                Please do them any way you see fit. I really only do mine the way I do to get them out.

                --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, Brian Yonushonis <yonushonis@...> wrote:

                > All my hits are also distributed by speed and approximated ball locations. Jim Thome is NOT going to have multiple infield singles on my cards.
                >
                > ________________________________

              • Tabletop
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 23 9:20 AM
                  Hi Dave and group,

                  My apologies for neglecting the Tabletop Baseball Games website: http://tabletopbaseball.org/ A remote assignment has limited my network access and free time to maintain the site.

                  As an update, I have just added the 2008, 2010 and 2011 statis pro baseball cards sets produced by emcline to the main website. You can now download the card set from Statis Pro Baseball Cards page: http://tabletopbaseball.org/spc.html

                  Thanks to emcline for taking the time to make the cards and sharing them with us.

                  Regards,

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 23 9:42 AM
                    Wow, I was not expecting such a timely response. I was only looking for 2010 and I did not realize the details. Thank you for the quick response. I may be a novice but when I went to tabletop site there was no click indicated for 2010 cards as there is with the other years. I saw no indication of the years you mentioned adding. It may just be me but in any case thank you for your quick response and your dedication to the process !!

                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 23 2:51 PM
                      Don't have to apologize. It took me nearly eight months to get the 2011 cards out, though I didn't think I was going to find the time.

                      Again, if you haven't been to the Tabletop Baseball Games site, you can still download the .zip file here at Files/Statis Pro Baseball/2011mlbsp.ZIP.