Re: Pennant Race

  • Dan Hrozencik
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 5, 2011
      Greg,

      Did you ever get a reply to this message? If so, I'd also be interested in seeing those formulas. Thanks.

      Dan

      Message 39 of 39 , Aug 31 9:28 AM

        dr bowen:

        I assume u have obtained a newer game, with different charts and game engine, than the sports illustrated "pennant race" [designed by david neft] I own covering the 1972 [strike-shortened] season.  the original SI pennant race operates the same as the very popular all-time all-star baseball and superstar baseball, using the 3 famous, but crazy, SI dice.  I think the 1972 season cards did not give high offense, especially since using the better pitchers for most of the load keeps offense down a bit.  I would only use a below average pitcher in mop-up, although on weak teams there is a shortage of above-average pitchers.

        from the internet I have the 1970 and 1971 season charts, too, but have never seen detail on how the latter-day pennant race operates.  can u give some detail?

        curt young

        Chittenango NY

        Kannapolis NC

             I just found a copy in great (shrink wrap) condition and it includes the 1982 season which was a good one for my Braves.  I remember seeming to have a problem with a lot of really high scores but may have been doing something wrong.  Anyone else have these problems?  What were your solutions (home brew or revisions)?

             I think the concept/game engine mechanics is awesome and would have loved to see other editions such as a basketball or football.  I also think a league would be great fun as it would take very little time for owners to be involved.  I know the PC games out there seem to make this one outdated, but I am excited to own this game again and look to log a lot of time playing.