Any interest in tabletop league using IBL game?

  • babaoriley1981
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2011
      Hello,

      I'm looking to get a small league of 8 or so teams up using the IBL (www.ibl.org) game. This would be play online or against a manager's instruction set and run a short schedule so it's not too time consuming (50 games or so). If you've played Pursue the Pennant or Dynasty League Baseball, you'll find the IBL game very familiar. Also, the BallScore and BallStat programs, which generate wonderful statistics and league reports, make maintaining a website for a league very easy. I'm on the East Coast, but players anywhere are welcome to join.

      Please post here if you're interested.

      Thank you.

      ===
      Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/
    • Chris Hartjes
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2011
        On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM, babaoriley1981 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hello,

        I'm looking to get a small league of 8 or so teams up using the IBL (www.ibl.org) game. This would be play online or against a manager's instruction set and run a short schedule so it's not too time consuming (50 games or so). If you've played Pursue the Pennant or Dynasty League Baseball, you'll find the IBL game very familiar. Also, the BallScore and BallStat programs, which generate wonderful statistics and league reports, make maintaining a website for a league very easy. I'm on the East Coast, but players anywhere are welcome to join.

        (Note: I was the Commissioner of the IBL for 10 seasons, recently stepped down to be just another owner)

        The IBL itself is looking for an owner for one of our teams (BUF) so I'm wondering if you might be interested in joining the real thing instead of your own league? That goes for anyone else who is interested in joining. Opening Day for the IBL was yesterday and now would be a good time to get up to speed and help run a team. We are always looking for co-owners for teams, and a few partnerships have been very successful and won league championships.

        League web site is http://www.ibl.org and I would be happy to answer any questions.

        --
        Chris Hartjes
        2011: You learn more by following the path of most resistance.
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2011
          i am interested. complete novice in ibl, pursue the pennant, or dynasty baseball. growing up, i played avalon hill superstar as well as statis pro.

          i'm hitting the website now, but at first glance, i don't see an instructions link.

          my email is abull4592@...

          thanks,

          alan bull

          I'm looking to get a small league of 8 or so teams up using the IBL
          www.ibl.org) game. This would be play online or against a manager's instruction
          et and run a short schedule so it's not too time consuming (50 games or so). If
          ou've played Pursue the Pennant or Dynasty League Baseball, you'll find the IBL
          ame very familiar. Also, the BallScore and BallStat programs, which generate
          onderful statistics and league reports, make maintaining a website for a league
          ery easy. I'm on the East Coast, but players anywhere are welcome to join.
          Please post here if you're interested.
          Thank you.

          ==
          Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/
        • Tim L
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 15, 2011
            Hello
            I would like to be in...
            I tried to start a league a few years ago.
            I live in Miami, FL
            Email TRLEWISATC@...
            TR Lewis

            --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, babaoriley1981 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I'm looking to get a small league of 8 or so teams up using the IBL (www.ibl.org) game. This would be play online or against a manager's instruction set and run a short schedule so it's not too time consuming (50 games or so). If you've played Pursue the Pennant or Dynasty League Baseball, you'll find the IBL game very familiar. Also, the BallScore and BallStat programs, which generate wonderful statistics and league reports, make maintaining a website for a league very easy. I'm on the East Coast, but players anywhere are welcome to join.
            >
            > Please post here if you're interested.
            >
            > Thank you.
            >

            > ===
            > Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/

          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2011
              This sounds interesting to me. I used to play Status Pro Baseball years ago and have recently looked into generating no cards for me to use to update my game with recent rosters.

              I would need to see the rules required for an IBL league and what tabletop game would we be using for the league.

              I'm in Illinois, part of the St Louis metro area, and would be interested.

              AJ

              --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, babaoriley1981 <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I'm looking to get a small league of 8 or so teams up using the IBL (www.ibl.org) game. This would be play online or against a manager's instruction set and run a short schedule so it's not too time consuming (50 games or so). If you've played Pursue the Pennant or Dynasty League Baseball, you'll find the IBL game very familiar. Also, the BallScore and BallStat programs, which generate wonderful statistics and league reports, make maintaining a website for a league very easy. I'm on the East Coast, but players anywhere are welcome to join.
              >
              > Please post here if you're interested.
              >
              > Thank you.
              >

              > ===
              > Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/

            • Thomas Mills
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2011
                What season?

                Is this a great country or what!? Remember, there are many ways by
                which a man may fall, but only by which he may stand.

                -G. K. Chesterton