Pennant Race : SI 81-83

  • jimwoods1962
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2 9:24 AM
      Anyone ever try to figure out how they rated teams for this game?
      Love to know If anyone has. The individual ratings were fairly easy, but a bit stumped on team rating system.
      Thanks.
      JW

      ===
      Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/
    • John B
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6 1:28 PM
        Did you figure out the individual ratings? I tried hawking down the game's designer and could not get in touch with him for nothing. I think this game was great--even as a stand alone!!!

        --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "jimwoods1962" <jimandkathy@...> wrote:

        > Anyone ever try to figure out how they rated teams for this game?
        > Love to know If anyone has. The individual ratings were fairly easy, but a bit stumped on team rating system.
        > Thanks.
        > JW
        >

        > ===
        > Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/

      • Daniel Cianflone
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7 6:02 PM
          Go to tabletop-sports.com web site.
          In the download section, there is a file on how to rate players and teams in the Pennant race section

          Hope this help

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9 4:04 PM
            Thanks Dan, I did that. The individual player ratings match what I had figured out but the team ratings he uses don't match up with my 83 set. He rated teams batting rating on average alone, and somehow runs scored and maybe OBP or SLG % need to be figured in. I'm working on it this weekend, so I'll post any revelations. In the meantime, has anybody played Player of the Game Baseball from Downey Games?

            --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Cianflone <deecee2011@...> wrote:

            > Go to tabletop-sports.com web site.
            > In the download section, there is a file on how to rate players and teams in the Pennant race section
            >
            > Hope this help

          • Mike Young
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14 9:15 AM
              I have considered this as well.

              I was looking at OPS (On Base Average plus Slugging Percentage).

              Baseball-Reference.com has all of the runs scored for each season.

              I am trying to find the 81 season in an effort to be able to use all 3 seasons to compare and try to come up with a formula that would be able to create teams from other seasons.

              --- On Wed, 2/9/11, jimwoods1962 <jimandkathy@...> wrote:

              Thanks Dan, I did that. The individual player ratings match what I had figured out but the team ratings he uses don't match up with my 83 set. He rated teams batting rating on average alone, and somehow runs scored and maybe OBP or SLG % need to be figured in. I'm working on it this weekend, so I'll post any revelations. In the meantime, has anybody played Player of the Game Baseball from Downey Games?

              --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Cianflone <deecee2011@...> wrote:

              > Go to tabletop-sports.com web site.
              > In the download section, there is a file on how to rate players and teams in the Pennant race section

              > Hope this help

              > --- On Wed, 2/2/11, jimwoods1962 <jimandkathy@...> wrote:

              > Anyone ever try to figure out how they rated teams for this game?
              > Love to know If anyone has. The individual ratings were fairly easy, but a bit stumped on team rating system.
              > Thanks.
              > JW

              ===
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15 2:15 PM
                I'll check that out as well Mike. Let me know If you come to any conclusions.
                Jim

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 18 11:02 AM
                  The one thing I would keep in mind is that Avalon Hill's quality control may have not been the best.

                  I would geuss that there are probably a couple of mistakes in each set of teams.

                  Mike