TIG questions

  • KingDuct
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      1) What is safety advance? I have never opted to do it, but I see that it comes up sometimes. When is it declared? How does it benefit the team on offense?

      2) I can't find any information about the actual effect a dome has on hot weather. For instance, Chase Field closes the roof on hot days. Does that mean it is not hot inside Chase? Does that mean that the day is treated as warm (such that pitcher fatigue isn't reduced)? Or does it have no practical effect on the game?

      I have seen questions answered on here before about TIG, so I hope this is an appropriate place to ask these questions.

      Thanks in advance.

      ===
      Baseball Board Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/
    • Chris Hartjes
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM, KingDuct<kingduct@...> wrote:
        > 1) What is safety advance? I have never opted to do it, but I see that it
        > comes up sometimes. When is it declared? How does it benefit the team on
        > offense?

        Safety advance is designed so that if you declare it for your runners,
        they cannot get caught in a rundown if the defense chooses to cut the
        throw. It's declared by the offense BEFORE any rolls are made on the
        Coach's Choice chart.

        > 2) I can't find any information about the actual effect a dome has on hot
        > weather. For instance, Chase Field closes the roof on hot days. Does that
        > mean it is not hot inside Chase? Does that mean that the day is treated as
        > warm (such that pitcher fatigue isn't reduced)? Or does it have no practical
        > effect on the game?

        When any stadium with a retractable roof closes the roof, it is
        considered Cool inside that park.

        Hope that helps.

        --
        Chris Hartjes
        Motto for 2009: "Build things for yourself, and maybe others will like it too."