The Dark Side?

  • bongoplyr
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
      So nobody's flipping FAC's or rolling dice anymore? You guys have all
      gone over to the Dark Side? :)

      ===
      Tabletop Baseball Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/
    • bill keller
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
        Bah unless you want to play solo you have no choice i kept all my games dreaming of the day my children would play with me.....sadly they have no interest maybe if i could get paydirt on Wii.......................

      • bbny3@optonline.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
          I play once the season rolls around

          > So nobody's flipping FAC's or rolling dice anymore? You guys
          > have all
          > gone over to the Dark Side? :)
          >

          > ===
          > Tabletop Baseball Games - http://tabletopbaseball.org/

        • James J. Howard
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009

            I’m a FAC flipper for life !  ;)

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
              On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 4:40 AM, bongoplyr <bongoplyr@...> wrote:
              > So nobody's flipping FAC's or rolling dice anymore? You guys have all
              > gone over to the Dark Side? :)

              Well, on those days that I don't play someone face-to-face on the
              IBL's chat server (we have a program that rolls the dice for you) I do
              break out my dice to play the games.

              --
              Chris Hartjes
              Motto for 2009: "Build things for yourself, and maybe others will like it too."
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                I've resumed my 64 Oriole's replay at Game #115, and Milt Pappas is
                cruising along with a 7-0 lead, a 2-hit shutout entering the 9th and
                win #18 in his sights. Felix Mantilla is out on a soft fly to center
                when all hell breaks loose. Bressoud singles, Yaz singles, Stuart
                singles in a run. No worries. Horton doubles in another run, and
                Malzone singles in two making it 7-4. Now I'm worried. Dick Hall
                strides in from the bullpen with 25 saves and a 0.99 ERA. Single by
                Thomas makes it 7-5, but a walk to Bob Tillman brings up pinch hitter
                Dalton Jones who grounds out putting runners on 2nd and 3rd. Mantilla
                doubles, and the boos resound from throughout Memorial Stadium. 7-7.
                Herm Starrette on to get the elusive third out. Still tied, Starrette
                gets the first two in the 12th, but then four straight hits, and the
                next thing you know, the Sox win 10-7. I hate this game. :)
              • Daryl Hise
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                  It is our destiny.  LOL!!!!

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                    Not me, man! I play APBA almost on a daily basis and I enjoy Replay as well. even been goofing around with some old Sherco stuff lately :)

                    Allen

                  • badgermaniac@charter.net
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                      Throwing dice/turning cards is one of the best parts of any game. I have a hard time doing computer sims simply because I like that tactile experience.

                    • glaciano12717@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                        What game are you using?

                      • yamo912002@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                          What's funny is that since I got this post, I have having my own Star Wars marathon. Thanks for fueling the fire.

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: Daryl Hise
                          Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:50:13 -0800 (PST)
                          To: <tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com>
                          Subject: Re: The Dark Side?

                          It is our destiny.  LOL!!!!

                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                            bongoplyr wrote:
                            > So nobody's flipping FAC's or rolling dice anymore? You guys have all
                            > gone over to the Dark Side? :)

                            What can I say? They had cookies,
                          • Jonathan McKeown
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                              What? There were cookies?!? Nobody told me about the cookies.  Shoot.  Guess I'll continue to flip FACs, but scorekeeping on the computer is much nicer than by  hand.  Dice rolling program is nice to for some reason.

                              On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Michael Hopcroft <mhopcroft@...> wrote:

                              bongoplyr wrote:
                              > So nobody's flipping FAC's or rolling dice anymore? You guys have all
                              > gone over to the Dark Side? :)

                              What can I say? They had cookies,

                            • Ralph Bean
                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
                                That's unfair, man.

                                --- In tabletopbaseball@yahoogroups.com, "bongoplyr" <bongoplyr@...>

                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 3, 2009
                                  Statis Pro.

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 3, 2009
                                    Actually, I was referring to the increased posting on the computer
                                    side of tabletop gaming, though I suppose that's actually a misnomer.
                                    I never really bonded with the computer versions; seemed like all I
                                    did was hit ENTER over and over.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 3, 2009
                                      as a big Met fan, I still try to catch all the games so while I am watching the game I try to get in a few tabletop games per day and I guess I am lucky with my work hours being I get home so early I still have time to play the PS3 during the day.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 3, 2009
                                        I prefer the FAC over dice even if it may not be as "random"

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 3, 2009
                                          I've played 40-50 games of Strat, and while I enjoyed it and the dice,
                                          I much prefer the FAC's. Except of course for those darned F2's.