File - Moderator's Message-5.txt

  • taanglo@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 162 , Oct 2, 2011
      Dear Taanglo-ers, the purpose of this message is to generally familiarize everyone with our accepted official posting procedures, as well as to clarify why they exist. As most - if not all - of you probably already realize, the Taanglo list exists expressly and exclusively as a forum for the exchange of information among and between Tel Aviv area English-speakers - particularly information that pertains to the availability of products, services, housing, employment, automobiles, charitable organizations, events, activities, etc. that are either in, or relevant to, the Tel Aviv area.

      Whether you are advertising your own business, seeking to obtain or provide merchandise or services of just about any type, searching for or offering a car or dwelling, or just wishing to promote, publicize or find out about an upcoming event, activity, or charity that could be of interest to English-speakers in the Tel Aviv area, your message is welcome here. All I ask, in the interest of orderliness and for the sake of efficient, convenient viewing and reading of posted messages, especially by those who may either view the list on the website or receive it in daily digest format via their personal email account(s), is that you please cooperate by observing the following
      message-posting guidelines when posting to the list:

      � In order to clearly categorize the topic of your message, you must select a KEYWORD of your choice (to be typed in all caps) from the list *below (at bottom of this message) to begin your message's subject heading

      � In order to further clarify to the reader what your message is about, please complete your subject heading line by following your selected KEYWORD with a hyphen and a very brief descriptive line regarding your message's content.

      � In order to maintain proper 'Netiquette, it is essential, other than in your KEYWORD, to avoid typing in all caps. If you are attempting to emphasize some part of your subject or your message, then using Initial Caps or exclamation point(s)!! for those portions should quite effectively acheive that result.

      � Additionally, to help maintain 'Netiquette as well as in the interest of promoting a secure and genial community atmosphere, we request that every message posted bear a full, valid signature (preferably clearly placed at the message's end), together with as much contact information as you are able to provide, so that interested parties may more easily contact you, if and when necessary, in response to your posting.

      � Also, in order to help minimize list message traffic, as well as to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the members, you are requested, unless the information is specifically relevant and/or of interest to the entire list, to please direct your response(s) to the personal (off-list) email address (or phone number) of that list member to which you are attempting to reply, rather than to the entire list. To this end, contact details of persons posting will always be available, if not within the content of the message, itself, then at least as a part of the mandatory signature required at the end of every message.

      � Further to the above provision, and also for the purpose of streamlining and minimizing list mail traffic, promotional postings - including ads or publicity for your business, service, product, etc. - are limited to once within any given 30-day period. We respectfully request that you please check and abstain from posting your advert if it (or a similar one) has appeared on the list within the previous 30-day period.

      � And to the same end, you are also requested, whenever possible, to include all of your multiple items for sale in a list format within a single posting, rather than posting 1 or 2 items in multiple, individual postings.

      What Taanglo is not: Taanglo is not a forum for political/religious debate or discussion, nor is it a place to resolve or contest legal issues or controversies of any sort. Messages of those types will be either deleted or returned to their sender(s). Neither is it a chat group in which to carry on personal discussions. We are pleased if you are able to make contacts and connections via the list, but we would prefer that, once the initial contact has been made, individual private/personal business or conversations be conducted directly between concerned parties.

      I sincerely feel that, by limiting the use of Taanglo to these very specific purposes, as well as by implementing these few, simple posting procedures, we can most effectively maintain its focus, utility, and readability.

      Naturally, as list owner/moderator, I am always available to clarify or assist with any problems or questions you may have regarding Taanglo or with Taanglo's posting procedures. Thanks very much for your interest and participation in Taanglo.

      All the best,
      Beau - Israel's PC Doctor (Taanglo Owner / Moderator)
      beau1@...
      054-772-6239
      VoIP: 1-407-745-0882 (US / ORL, FL)
      Skype: beau909
      http://www.israelpcdoctor.com/
      http://tinyurl.com/pcdocforum
      http://tinyurl.com/pcdoctwitter
      http://tinyurl.com/pcdocfacebook
      http://tinyurl.com/pcdoclinkedin
      http://www.tinyurl.com/PcDocTestimonials
      http://www.israelnewsagency.com/israelpcrepairsales854992.html

      **
      Designated Keyword List:

      MITZVA- Goodwill efforts for individuals, animals or the community
      EVENT - To publicize an event coming up
      ADVICE? - To ask for advice
      INFO4U - To offer valuable information to the community
      FORSALE - Stuff for sale
      WANTED - Goods, services, people, etc. wanted
      CAR - To buy or sell any vehicles
      SERVICES - To publicize your business, products or services
      JOBOPPS - Help / Personnel wanted, for positions available
      JOBSEEK - Seeking employment
      APTSEEK - Seeking an apartment or home
      APTOPPS - Offering Apartment or home for rent or sale
    • taanglo@yahoogroups.com