MITZVA - TA Cat / Dog Adoption Day

  • Joan Weinberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009
      While the shelter calls itself as a no-kill shelter in fact, the animals that are not adopted will be put to sleep http://www.homedog.co.il

      I was a self-appointed volunteer - the only volunteer -- there every other day for six weeks. I took responsibility for 14 puppies that I was told would be picked up by SOS. Sadly, SOS never came. One day I arrived and the puppy cage was empty. They were all put to sleep with the excuse that, "They had kennel cough." Huh? I had been there only two days before and not one of them had kennel cough.

      It's urgent that as many people adopt a pet as possible. Or two! (Dogs
      especially are pack animals. Best case scenario is adopting two dogs that will keep each other company :-) And if you can't adopt two, then please be sure to walk your dog at least once a day where it can play with other dogs!)

      P.S. I adopted a prima donna - Lolly, an elderly deaf and blind dog.
      P.P.S. Last year, 240,000 dogs were put to sleep in Israel.

      Tel Aviv Dog Pound on Friday, February 6, at 1 Shai Agnon Street, corner of Ibn Gvirol, opposite Reading. Free parking at the dog pound.

      10:30 AM-2 PM

      The adoption charge can only be paid with a credit card.

      Joan Weinberg
      jow@...