Re: Knob + Reset Button/Indicator Via Sub-Controls?

  • moreregen
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ricky,

      If I understand correctly, you can specify these values directly as
      properties of the container (Centre Knob).

      Just right-click the 'Centre Knob' container, select 'Properties' and
      you can specify the values - no need to connect anything else other
      than the output. The standard 'Knob' and Knob Sm' controls work the
      same way.

      Inside the container, you could do the same thing directly with the
      ms_centre module, no need to connect the 'Reset Value', 'Threshold'
      or 'Force Reset' - but I wanted to make them accesible outside the
      container.

      Hope this makes sense.

      Cheers,
      Nick

      --- In syntheditusers@yahoogroups.com, "Ricky Hunt" <rhunt22@h...>
      wrote:
      > --- In syntheditusers@yahoogroups.com, audioiain <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > > Hi Nick, you module works really well, I like it.
      > >

      > I agree. Very elegant and flexible. Good work.
      >
      > Is there an equivalent of the "Fixed Values" module that outputs
      > floats? The only way I could come up with a way to set the Min, Max,
      > Reset, and Threshold (from outside Nick's module) was to use
      a "Fixed
      > Values" module and then a DH_VoltageToFloat in between for every
      > parameter. I'm knew so maybe there's another way. (I do know how to
      set
      > them from inside Nick's module though).
      >
      > Ricky
    • Patrick Simonds
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 1, 2005
        well, being without internet at home kinda blows, but it forced me to
        find a sort of stupid way to solve this problem. Nick's module will be
        the REAL way to do this kind of function, but it isn't done yet, and
        i'm impatient, so i found another way to do it.

        first i gotta explain something about my project. because i think its
        neat, i'm making a VST which has the accent color user-selectable. to
        accomplish this, all the knobs and buttons and whatnot consist of a BMP
        with a Tinted BMP laid on top. the animation positions are synced up by
        connecting both to the same PatchMem module (or Dave Haupt's Float
        Splitter if the control is going to some other Sub-Control instead of
        the audio engine).

        the main problem with the original design concept was attempting to
        accomplish two functions in the same BMP module, which was pretty much
        impossible to do with the currently available modules i've got. my
        stupid solution was to just make two indicators, one for each function.
        in my specific project's case, i simply had two identical tinted BMP
        modules on top of the "regular" BMP for the button i designed for this.
        to accomplish the under-the-hood stuff i used Dave Haupt's
        DH_FloatCompare SubControl module to feed the non-clickable indicator
        it's on/off status, and i used Oli Larkin's nice Control Reset Sub-
        Control module for the "click to reset" function.

        it's a hacky solution but it works just fine for now. Nick's module is
        gonna rock when it's done. personally i think the quantized output is
        unneccessary since it can be accomplished with an external module if
        desired. much more important to me is a pin to set the "zero" point,
        since i wanted to use this to do stuff like pitch knobs, where your
        point of interest is like .5 on the animation position. the selectable
        range is a nice feature that will come in handy i'm sure.
      • rurik leffanta
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 2, 2005
          revealing myself as an inconsiderate victimiser of the electronic fundament,
          im a bit too recreational atm to read all that/pay attention

          (special huh)

          but..

          is your problem that you're trying to find a way to reset a control to a
          default value????!!!

          simple, with button.. one way to do is us invisible button that fits over
          name of control.. click name, reset.. need .se1? does use dh $ module i
          think

          please ignore if i slumber too heavily online
          > well, being without internet at home kinda blows, but it forced me to
          > find a sort of stupid way to solve this problem. Nick's module will be
          > the REAL way to do this kind of function, but it isn't done yet, and
          > i'm impatient, so i found another way to do it.
          >
          > first i gotta explain something about my project. because i think its
          > neat, i'm making a VST which has the accent color user-selectable. to
          > accomplish this, all the knobs and buttons and whatnot consist of a BMP
          > with a Tinted BMP laid on top. the animation positions are synced up by
          > connecting both to the same PatchMem module (or Dave Haupt's Float
          > Splitter if the control is going to some other Sub-Control instead of
          > the audio engine).
          >
          > the main problem with the original design concept was attempting to
          > accomplish two functions in the same BMP module, which was pretty much
          > impossible to do with the currently available modules i've got. my
          > stupid solution was to just make two indicators, one for each function.
          > in my specific project's case, i simply had two identical tinted BMP
          > modules on top of the "regular" BMP for the button i designed for this.
          > to accomplish the under-the-hood stuff i used Dave Haupt's
          > DH_FloatCompare SubControl module to feed the non-clickable indicator
          > it's on/off status, and i used Oli Larkin's nice Control Reset Sub-
          > Control module for the "click to reset" function.
          >
          > it's a hacky solution but it works just fine for now. Nick's module is
          > gonna rock when it's done. personally i think the quantized output is
          > unneccessary since it can be accomplished with an external module if
          > desired. much more important to me is a pin to set the "zero" point,
          > since i wanted to use this to do stuff like pitch knobs, where your
          > point of interest is like .5 on the animation position. the selectable
          > range is a nice feature that will come in handy i'm sure.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • mbreges
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 2, 2005
            Yes,

            transparent button is the best and easiest solution in this case.
            (Rune suggested this in one of the previous posts).

            Max

            --- In syntheditusers@yahoogroups.com, "rurik leffanta"