5008Re: [Synoptic-L] A problem of consistency?

    Jan 6, 2014
      David,

      Here is Luke 22:28-30: "You are those who have stood by me in my trials; 29 and I confer on you, just as my Father has conferred on me, a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

      Luke argues through Luke and Acts that after the resurrection and Pentecost, Israel has been spiritualized and now = The Way, the followers of Jesus.

      On Monday, January 6, 2014 1:52 PM, David Mealand <D.Mealand@...> wrote:

      Well perhaps the view that Lk1-2 was added later might
      solve some problems, but does it solve this one?

      Why should the author of Lk1-2 allow a reliable narrator
      (an angel) to endorse the notion that Jesus would occupy
      the throne of his ancestor David, as King of a state
      known as the house of Jacob? This is particularly
      odd if the final chapter (24) of the previously written
      22 chapter text had a reliable narrator gently deflating
      this type of expectation and offering a less materialistic
      one.

      This is a problem whether or not the first two chapters
      were added later to the text is it not?