[Synoptic-L] Re: Luedemann et al.

  • Tim Reynolds
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2005
      on 23/12/04 4:34 PM, Mark Goodacre at goodacre@... wrote:

      > Tim,
      >
      > I think that might be a reasonable summary of Luedeman's views. You
      > will have your chance to address questions to him during the on-line
      > seminar.
      >
      > With best wishes
      > Mark
      >

      > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:39:08 -0800, Tim Reynolds <molad@...> wrote:
      >> Mark,
      >>
      >> No empty tomb, no resurrection stories.
      >> No resurrection stories, no Christianity.
      >>
      >> Or am I missing something?
      >>
      >> Happy Dies Solis Invicti,
      >>

      >> Tim Reynolds
      >> Long Beach, CA

      Mark,

      I fear we are confusing two Gerd Luedemans. The one I read is "fully aware
      of the difficulty in psychoanalyzing a person [two actually] who has been
      dead for two thousand years. Yet a 'this-worldly' explanation at least
      sheds historical light on what may have happened as opposed to a
      'theological' intepretation that explains an X (the rise of Easter faith) by
      a Y (God)."

      Please direct me to the real Luedeman. Thanks.

      Happy Year of the Rooster,

      tim