[Synoptic-L] OFF TOPIC: Anecdotes

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2005
      At the last SBL, while listening intently to Earl Ellis and Donald
      Hagner reminisce about their teachers, it struck me that it might be fun
      to put together a book of anecdotes on the "greats" whom we have know
      and at whose feet we sat as students.

      So I'm soliciting anecdotes about things your teachers did or said that
      reveals their character and personality or is just memorable in some
      way.

      As an example, there is the story about A.D. Nock who used to work in
      his study in the nude.  One day the cleaning lady came in and discovered
      Nock in the buff.  She exclaimed "Good God!.  And Nock replied "No,
      madame, just  one of his humble, obedient servants".

      I'd be grateful if you'd send me OFF LIST your tales of, and memories
      about, your teachers.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey
      --