[Synoptic-L] Re: Q and the Lachmann fallacy

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
      Stephen wrote:
      > I don't think that the procedure is particularly
      > problematic for Luke being third. Matthew incorporates
      > 90% of Mark. For Luke to adopt Mark's order instead of
      > Matthew, all he has to do is follow Mark instead of
      > Matthew. It's that simple.

      You are right!
      One could ask though, why Lk should follow Mk if he knows that Mt is
      older and more comprehensive.
      But, ok, I understand the problem now. Thanks.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
        Wieland Willker wrote:
        >You are right!
        >One could ask though, why Lk should follow Mk if he knows that Mt is
        >older and more comprehensive.

        Great minds must think alike. This is exactly in line with
        Mark Goodacre's reaction to my original message. See:

        >But, ok, I understand the problem now. Thanks.

        You're very welcome,

        Stephen C. Carlson,
        mailto:scarlson@...