[Synoptic-L] re John Poirier and Lachmann fallacy

  • Steph
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
      Are not Funk and Hoover (Five Gospels pp.10-12) guilty of the same crime as Patterson.  Point is noted by Mark Goodacre himself in The Case Against Q page 21, note 12.  By the way has Goodacre defended his case in response to Kloppenborg's article on mwqh in 2003.  I have established that much is defendable.

      Stephanie Fisher
      Napier, New Zealand
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2005
        On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:44:46 +1300, Steph <dolfin@...> wrote:

        > Are not Funk and Hoover (Five Gospels pp.10-12) guilty of the same crime as
        > Patterson. Point is noted by Mark Goodacre himself in The Case Against Q
        > page 21, note 12.

        Agreed; thanks for the reference.

        > By the way has Goodacre defended his case in response to
        > Kloppenborg's article on mwqh in 2003. I have established that much is
        > defendable.

        Thank you. I am working on one at present, as time permits. There
        are some comments here:

        http://ntgateway.com/weblog/2004/09/carlson-on-kloppenborg-on-goodacre.html

        and here:

        http://ntgateway.com/weblog/2004/09/carlson-on-kloppenborg-on-goodacre_12.html

        By the way, there is a new review of The Case Against Q by Christopher
        Tuckett in Novum Testamentum 46/4 (October 2004): 401-3.

        Dept of Theology and Religion
        University of Birmingham
        Elmfield House, Selly Oak tel.+44 121 414 7512
        Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax: +44 121 415 8376

        http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
        http://NTGateway.com