Re: [Synoptic-L] Mark and Proto-Mark

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2004
      > In one theory that helps explain the external evidence,

      Some references about this theory ?

      what do you call " a control text" ?
      Is it related to that comment :

      > Quite a bit of the vocabulary and word-combinations in the Long
      Ending seem to be extraordinarily concentrated in Unique Mark.

      i.e. do you mean you have to check that the concetration in Unique-Mark
      may hardly be a random effect ?
      If yes, how will you check it ?

      > Any thoughts?

      Sure !

      You should have a look on Boismard, "L'évangile de Marc. Sa préhistoire"
      (F. Paris, Gabalda [Études Bibliques n.s. 26], 1994).

      He thinks that LE is due to an editor who shares many stylistic
      characteristics with Luke. If I well remember, according him,
      LE-redactor is not the final editor, but an intermediate one. He gives
      some argument here about, but I do not remember exactly.

      Even if you do not understand french, you should have a look on
      Boismard-Lamouille, since they collected an extensive list of lukan
      characteristics, whose occurences in Marc (and by the way, in LE) is
      quite strange. I posted a mail on that subject some years ago.

      I may have a look on my Boismard if you want further information. And
      later, I may compare your detections with Boismard's one.

      Merry Christmas for all of you.

      a+
      manu