Re: [Synoptic-L] Matt 3:2-3 and Is 55:1

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2004
      In a message dated 12/9/2004 12:22:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, 1stluth@... writes:

      Leonard,

      I noticed it also in Nestle's 25th (but left out of the 26th).

      My guess is that it was a typo that should have referred to Is. 35:1 with the desert imagery of Mt. 3:1.

      I thank you for this, and my thanks also to the others who sent suggestions. They all have some plausibility, but none is fully satisfying or obvious. Your suggestion perhaps has the most in its favor. There seems to be a consensus, however, that Is 55:1 is a typo. This too is a help.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA