Re: [Synoptic-L] Diatessaron

  • Bridget Gilfillan Upton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Peter,

      Thank you very much. I am, of course, aware of the problems of working with
      reconstructions - and I shall read your article with interest - I was
      getting at narratological ideas associated with the reception of any
      harmony, really. The very concept of point of view when the author is
      consciously melding his/her sources is something I am trying to get my mind
      around, without much success at present.

      One of the reasons I raised it on this forum concerns the activity of the
      evangelists in a kind of pre-redaction criticism understanding. Without
      wanting to muddy the waters of authorial intention, I am wanting to look at
      what the author of Matthew, say, was doing with the Christology of Mark as a
      kind of sequel (or vice versa for the non-Markan prioritists), rather than a
      major theological project.

      All this in some work on film narratology. Yojimbo and Sanjuro anyone?

      Thanks for your help,

      Bridget

      Dr Bridget Gilfillan Upton
      Lecturer in New Testament