[Synoptic-L] E. Von Dobschutz on the Sign of Jonah

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      Apologies for cross posting.

      I have lost a file in which I recorded the title, the bibliographic
      details, and the opening words of an article by E. Von Dobschutz on the
      Sign of Jonah (to the effect of "nobody to this day has been able to
      offer a satisfactory explanation of "the Sign of Jonah:).

      I wonder if any one here knows what this article is? If so, I'd be very
      grateful if you'd provide me with its details.

      With thanks in advance.

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

      1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1
      Chicago, IL 60626

      jgibson000@...

    • Karel Hanhart
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
        The only article I could think of is von Dobschutz: 'Mattaeus als Rabbi und
        Katechet', ZNW 27, 1928, 338ff. I donot have the article myself. It may be
        worth looking at it.

        cordially

        Karel