[Synoptic-L] Re: Carlson's Synoptic Problem Website

  • Eric Eve
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 22, 2004
      > Wieland Willker wrote:

      > Reading this, reminds me of an idea I had a long while ago that one
      > should try to extract Mark from Mt and Lk like one extracted Q. The
      > result could be interesting.

      This is essentially the approach I take in "Reconstructing Mark: A Thought
      Experiment" in Goodacre and Perrin (eds) _Questioning Q_ (which should be
      coming out in Britain around now, published by SPCK). I don't think anyone's
      going to set up an International Mark Project to do this in the same depth
      and thoroughness that's been applied to the reconstruction of Q, so my essay
      can hardly compete with The Critical Edition of Q, but I do explore what I
      consider are some of the shortcomings of a Mark that's reconstructed this
      way.

      Regards,

      Eric