[Synoptic-L] voice crying out or voice of one crying

  • RickR370@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      Mark 1:3

      fwnh bowntov en th erhmw
      A voice of one crying in the desert,

      etoimasate thn odon kuriou
      prepare the way of the Lord

      euyeias poieite tav tribouv autou
      straight make you (pl) the paths of him

      I neglected to mention that Mark has chosen the Greek Old Testament rendering which is significantly different than the M.T. Text

      M.T. A voice cries, "in the desert prepare ......

      Septuagint and Mark

      a voice of one crying in the desert, prepare......

      Mark is both Messenger and voice his action of crying is in the present tense
      and I believe he means to say he is in the desert after the destruction of Jerusalem. I am confident that I can also demonstrate that he has access to a substantial library from which he compile his Gospel.