[Synoptic-L] Kephas

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      Is Kephas a common name ?

      a short note in " Peter in the New Testament" (n. 42, p. 113 in french
      version),
      the authors say that Peter-Kephas was not common either in greek,
      arameen or
      hebrew.
      Some interrogations :
      -- Is this true ?
      -- is Caïphe an equivalent of Kephas ?
      -- what is the hebrew version of Kephas ?

      I ask the question because this note is not affirmative on the subject.

      a+
      manu

    • RickR370@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2005
        Just an interesting side note.

        The Gospel of John says the Kephas was the name that Jesus gave to Peter, yet the name only appears on the lips of Paul, eight times I believe. If John is right one would have to conclude that Jesus and Paul are the same person.

        RickRichmond
        Rickr370@...