Re: [Synoptic-L] Second edition of Burridge's "What Are the Gospels"?

  • Joseph Weaks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2004
      On Jul 9, 2004, at 1:57 AM, Karel Hanhart wrote:
> [...]

      Hence, the appendix explaining why the absence of Judean Biographies (I
      suppose Philo's work doesn't count) makes the Greco-Roman context
      preferred. This is only one of the several holes I see in Burridge's
      seminal work, holes which a growing consensus Gospel scholars seem
      willing to overlook.
      This is why I'm anxious to see the reworking of his text, and the
      extent to which he has answered some weaknesses. Why not til September?
      Doesn't he know I have a dissertation to write!!!

      Joe Weaks