Re: [Synoptic-L] Editorial Fatigue in Matthew's double tradition

  • Tim Reynolds
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14, 2004
      on 5/14/04 5:53 AM, Maluflen@... at Maluflen@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 5/13/2004 9:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, j.weaks@...
      > writes:
      >
      >> Finally, in your evaluation, what are your assessments
      >> for the future in the field of the synoptic problem?"
      >
      > I hope you will display remarkable prescience by announcing that the Two
      > Gospel Hypothesis will be the preferred Synoptic theory of the future.
      >
      > Leonard Maluf
      > Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      > Weston, MA

      Some list members are going to be embarrassed at the eventual recognition
      that the salient issue is not transmission direction but transmission mode.
      For newbies, v. "auditory piracy", Archives.

      Tim Reynolds
      Long Beach CA

    • Joseph Weaks
      Message 2 of 8 , May 14, 2004
        On May 14, 2004, at 7:53 AM, Maluflen@... wrote:
        > In a message dated 5/13/2004 9:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > j.weaks@... writes:
        >> Finally, in your evaluation, what are your assessments
        >> for the future in the field of the synoptic problem?"
        >
        > I hope you will display remarkable prescience by announcing that the
        > Two Gospel Hypothesis will be the preferred Synoptic theory of the
        > future.

        You must not be familiar with D. C. Parker's work, in order to see
        where I was heading. The TGH received two sentences in my answer.

        But you should've heard my question on Job today... great God almighty
        I should've just walked away and cut my losses.

        Cheers,
        Joe