Re: [Synoptic-L] Editorial Fatigue in Matthew's double tradition

    Message 1 of 8 , May 14, 2004
      In a message dated 5/13/2004 9:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, j.weaks@... writes:

      > Finally, in your evaluation, what are your assessments
      > for the future in the field of the synoptic problem?"

      I hope you will display remarkable prescience by announcing that the Two Gospel Hypothesis will be the preferred Synoptic theory of the future.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA

    • Tim Reynolds
      Message 2 of 8 , May 14, 2004
        on 5/14/04 5:53 AM, Maluflen@... at Maluflen@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 5/13/2004 9:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, j.weaks@...
        > writes:
        >
        >> Finally, in your evaluation, what are your assessments
        >> for the future in the field of the synoptic problem?"
        >
        > I hope you will display remarkable prescience by announcing that the Two
        > Gospel Hypothesis will be the preferred Synoptic theory of the future.
        >
        > Leonard Maluf
        > Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
        > Weston, MA

        Some list members are going to be embarrassed at the eventual recognition
        that the salient issue is not transmission direction but transmission mode.
        For newbies, v. "auditory piracy", Archives.

        Tim Reynolds
        Long Beach CA

      • Joseph Weaks
        Message 3 of 8 , May 14, 2004
          On May 14, 2004, at 7:53 AM, Maluflen@... wrote:
          > In a message dated 5/13/2004 9:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > j.weaks@... writes:
          >> Finally, in your evaluation, what are your assessments
          >> for the future in the field of the synoptic problem?"
          >
          > I hope you will display remarkable prescience by announcing that the
          > Two Gospel Hypothesis will be the preferred Synoptic theory of the
          > future.

          You must not be familiar with D. C. Parker's work, in order to see
          where I was heading. The TGH received two sentences in my answer.

          But you should've heard my question on Job today... great God almighty
          I should've just walked away and cut my losses.

          Cheers,
          Joe