Re: [Synoptic-L] Crossan lectures

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2004
      In a message dated 5/3/2004 9:24:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, poirier@... writes:

      << I've always thought that groups organized around a shared
      "interest" were a good thing, while groups organized around a shared "view" were, from the standpoint of method, a potentially bad idea. While the former arrangement allows for iron sharpening iron, the latter arrangement often leads only to cheese sticking to cheese.>>

      I really like this, and never heard it put this way before. The second scenario is certainly right on the money as a description of what I experienced last week.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA