[Synoptic-L] The Magdalene Gospel

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2004
      Those members of Synoptic-L who were treated for years to his online performances might be interested to know that Yuri Kuchinsky's magnum opus on the Pepys manuscript Middle English Gospel Harmony is finally out. It is reviewed by Robert M. Price in the Journal of Higher Criticism, vol. 10, 1, Spring 2003, 153-160. It will not surprise that the reviewer finds unconvincing the vast majority of Yuri's arguments for early, pre-canonical readings supposedly retained in this Gospel.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2004
        Maluflen@... wrote:

        > Those members of Synoptic-L who were treated for years to his online performances might be interested to know that Yuri Kuchinsky's magnum opus on the Pepys manuscript Middle English Gospel Harmony is finally out.

        Actually it's been out for over two years now. He "published" it (it's a vanity press job) in January of 2002.

        > It is reviewed by Robert M. Price in the Journal of Higher Criticism, vol. 10, 1, Spring 2003, 153-160. It will not surprise that the reviewer finds unconvincing the vast majority of Yuri's arguments for early, pre-canonical readings supposedly retained in this Gospel.

        May we have the URL please?

        Yours,

        Jeffrey
        --