[Synoptic-L] Synoptic Problem and Textual criticism

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2004
      Stephen Carlson wrote:
      > There have been attempts to identify which text-type of Mark
      > that Matt and Luke (are supposed to have) used, but I don't
      > think much has come out that work.

      That's an interesting question. Do you have any references? If I only had time I would look into this.

      > Use of the UBS text brings up another problem: to what extent
      > is Markan Priority or even the full Two-Source Theory was used
      > as a premise in establishing the text?

      I think these cases are very few. If I remember correctly I note in my TC commentary (which has about 900 variants for the Synoptics) only two cases where a decision is strongly influenced by a source theory. Even if there are some more it will be no more than 1%.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany