Re: [Synoptic-L] healing stories and human rights

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2004
      In a message dated 2/24/2004 10:15:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, k.hanhart@... writes:

      We have exchanged our differences concerning the Griesbach hypothesis
      before. I have called on the listers backed by Mark Goodacre to debate the
      arguments put forward by   and Steiner in favor of Markan priority. Alas,
      the pro-Griesbachians have not offered strong counterarguments deflating
      their theses.
          I have not  based my conclusions on the Matthean version of the feeding
      of the 4000. You apparently believe that particular version would prove
      Matthean priority.

      No, Karel, I meant exactly what I said in the original post. I am genuinely interested to know what you think, and why, of the feeding of the 4000 in Matthew. I don't have a strong opinion on the matter myself, and I don't see the solution as demonstrative of any particular source hypothesis, at least not in any a priori sense. If you choose to evade the question, that is fine, but don't assume I have an ulterior motive in asking the question beyond what I actually asked for. Thanks.

      Leonard Maluf
      Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      Weston, MA