[Synoptic-L] RE: mk 5:13//

  • David C. Hindley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2004
      Richard H. Anderson says:

      >>I believe that Martin Hengel, Studies in the Gospel of Mark (London: SCM
      Press Ltd, 1985 links Mark�s story of the Gerasene demoniac (5:1-20) with an
      account in The Jewish War (JW) of an armed conflict on the Lake of
      Gennesaret.<<

      May I ask which passage in Josephus _War_ this account is found? I can only
      think of the raft incident on Lake Gennesaret. On the other hand, I am aware
      of another incident in which 2,000 Roman soldiers were literally "pushed
      into the sea" in the coastal regions near Tyre, but that was the coast of
      the Mediterranean.

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Cleveland, Ohio, USA