[Synoptic-L] Re: [XTalk] Westcott (shameless springboarding to 1 Cor 15)

  • Ken Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2004
      On Monday, January 12, at 8:03 AM, Jim West wrote:

      > I thought listers may like to know that born this day in 1825 was, Brooke
      > Foss Westcott, near Birmingham, England. He was appointed the chair of
      > Professor of Divinity at Cambridge.

      Wow! That's rapid career advancement! ( ;

      OK, more seriously: I realize Jim does not mean to imply that one event
      followed immediately on the other. I've often wondered about Paul's
      satetment in 1 Cor. 15:

      that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures,
      and that he was buried,
      and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures,
      and that he appeared to Cephas,
      then to the twelve,
      etc.

      How much time might Paul have assumed to have passed between the raising and
      the appearance to Cephas?

      Best Wishes,

      Ken

      kaolson@...